ONE ARTIST A WEEK II
After our 2017 exhibition-series combining Artist-In-Residence & solo show during Documenta 14 in Athens ( >>> learn more ) we have the pleasure to announce the 2018 ONE ARTIST A WEEK series.
See the current shows >>> PROJECTS.
• Living and working space in downtown Athens (7 days/6 nights)
• Four days of curated solo show in downtown Athens venues
• Promotional and PR support by a group of art professionals, journalists and networkers
• Customized introduction into ancient and contemporary Greek culture
• Project website.
Artists who wish to stay longer in Athens may book our AIR-extension programme.
More information/ fees/ terms and conditions: >>> here
INKUBATOR / "They Call Me Nobody"
Open Call for jewellery artists and designers
Dates: October 2018 / January 2019
INKUBATOR offers an intensive week of professional workshops, lectures, presentations and networking events that address important issues for contemporary jewellery makers.
The INKUBATOR programme offers a 4-day intensive workshop including lectures, networking and presentation opportunities in Athens, Greece plus an optional 3-day inspiration boosting via Jewellery Staging workshops, as well as curated visits at UNESCO sites and the very heart of Athens.
INKUBATOR includes coaching by experts in communication, law, economics, jewellery trade, dramaturgy etc.. The programme focuses on experts' knowledge, on new materials and on networking, communication and copyright issues, as well as new ways to look at jewellery art.
The programme guarantees an inspiration by visiting and understanding Greece's ecumenical cultural heritage as well as its jewellery treasures worn as uplifting and meaningful statements.
Please read the full Open Call description >>> HERE
Programme Part 1 (4 days / 30 hours):
• Understanding Freakonomics or How I learned to love the crisis!
• Low cost, high profile: Effective curating
• Schmuckwoche München: A wrap-up of challenges
• New materials in design and jewellery
• The uses of jewellery. Designing opportunities
• Surviving, bouncing back, flourishing – Success stories
• Story Telling
• PR, Communication, Press: Training a loyal audience
• Staging jewellery
• Intellectual property. Contractual agreements. International relations
• Networking. Case studies. Discussion forum
• Unpretentious Athens. A conceptual tour through a vibrant city
• Participants' show: Work presentation
Programme Part 2 (3 days / 20 hours)
The optional second part comprises of a series of curated visits at sites of immense cultural and spiritual importance.
• In God's mind: The Acropolis complex. Spirituality, democracy and the crafts
• Bonding, collective struggle, healing
• The gates to Hades
• They Call Me Nobody: The Eleusinian Mysteries
• The jewellery art guide to Athens secret addresses
followed by a highly customized workshop in Jewellery Staging.
Thursday 4 – Sunday 7 October 2018 (Part 1)
Monday 8 – Wednesday 10 October 2018 (Part 2)
Thursday 3 – Saturday 5 January 2019 (Part 2)
Sunday 6 – Wednesday 9 January 2019 (Part 1)
Programme Part 1: 750,00 Euro
Programme Part 1 & 2: 1.050,00 Euro
The fee is payable in three installments. It does not include accommodation and travel expenses. The fee does not include entry museums/archaeological sites tickets. Accommodation from 20,- Euro/night for shared flat with breakfast/ downtown Athens is available upon request.
Application deadline: Wednesday 15 August 2018
How to apply:
Send your homepage link and/or six images of your work and a short statement - a maximum of 150 words - on why do you want to participate in Inkubator via email (if more than 20 MB: via WeTransfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, name the dates you prefer.
INITIATION IV - AIR IN ATHENS FOR JEWELLERY ARTISTS & DESIGNERS
Period: July - December 2018
After the successful completion of our first Athens AIR & Workshops series for Jewellery Artists/Designers (2015-2018), we announce a new series of intensive one-week-long Artist Residencies including curated visits in major art and jewellery collections, as well as creativity boosting "Story Telling & Performance" workshops.
The programme addresses international jewellery artists and designers who wish to understand the very origins, functions and meaning of jewellery and find inspiration in the rich tradition of Greek jewellery art and spirituality - concepts / uses / motifs / symbols.
The curated visits at ten museum collections and archaeological sites along with in situ lectures on anthropology / mythology / history / art aim at adding background, context, meaning and purpose in the residents' own work. The AIR programme ambitions at enabling residents to understand the present significance of Greek world heritage for their career and fuel the urge for innovative jewellery.
The AIR programme is enriched by a Story Telling & Performance Workshop to boost creativity. Residents are also introduced in the highly didactic "Success Stories" of Greece's internationally established jewellery houses, while insider information on the international jewellery art scene may help them to map their own strategic itinerary.
Residents are also briefed on further possibilities to show work - in solo or group shows - in Athens, Munich (Munich Jewellery Week 2019), Berlin 2019 projects by >>> ZLR Betriebsimperium.
Programmes are highly customized to address individual intellectual, aesthetical and conceptual questions.
The INITIATION AIR weeks in question are:
• Monday 27 August to Sunday 2 September 2018 - APPLY with cover letter + links by 15 June 2018
• Monday 10 to Sunday 16 December 2018 - APPLY with cover letter + links by 15 July 2018
• 750 Euro per person for a group of 2 residents
• 680 Euro per person for a group of 3 to 4 residents
• 630 Euro per person for a group of 6 residents
The Fee includes accommodation (6 nights/7 days) in quiet/ big/ bright/ downtown Athens flat/ working atelier/ sites & museums tickets.
You may extend your AIR week before or after the above mentioned weeks (from 140 Euro per week). Groups of 6-10 students may contact us for more options on dates and special fees.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact us: >>>> here
OPEN CALL >>>> here
JEWELLERY ART SHOWS 2019
More information on our next jewellery art projects and shows to be announced soon.
ATHENS FOR WRITERS
Athens is UNESCO's World Book Capital from April 2018 to April 2019.
Our NEW writers residency programme will be announced soon.